Asbestos Abatement and Removal
We like the opportunity to make our money work for us. That’s why we make investments in things such as 401k accounts, a college education, and business opportunities. One of the most important choices you’ll make in your lifetime is the one made in your home. Not only does it have the ability to increase in value over time, but it’s here where you’ll create some of your best memories with the ones you love the most.
As a homeowner, there are certain responsibilities you have that renters don’t need to worry about, and one of those is to ensure the home is safe. While most dangers are obvious, there are hidden ones that very well may be present. If your home was built before 1987, there’s a good chance the materials used in its construction contain asbestos, and this can lead to numerous health problems. The staff here at Edmonton Remediation Pros is experienced in professional asbestos abatement, and we have the tools available to best ensure your home is free from harm.
An Overview of Our Features and Services
As a locally owned and operated business, we have a vested interested in the clients and community we serve. When you work with us, we try to make you feel like a part of our family, and we offer a variety of exciting features and services to help you keep your home free from the many dangers that lurk in the shadows. When you choose to work with us, you can take advantage of:
- Round-the-clock-services- We understand that the unexpected can and does occur, and it doesn’t matter if it’s Monday at eight in the morning or midnight on Christmas Eve. That’s why we make ourselves available 24/7 to offer our help whenever you may need it.
- Quick response– For emergency services within city limits, we pride ourselves on our ability to show up at your location within 45 minutes of your call.
- Free inspections– Keeping a home safe and free of hazards can cost a pretty penny, and our staff wants to make sure you are able to properly work our services into your budget. Our free quotes allow you to do just that.
With many abatement companies, some customers find that they’re treated like just another client. However, we make it a point to keep in close contact with you during every step of the process.
Just What Makes Asbestos Such a Hazard?
Asbestos has been used for thousands of years. In fact, there’s evidence that even the ancient Egyptians used it in their burial material in order to better preserve bodies for the afterlife. Considering its past, it’s perfectly understandable why people would wonder just what all the fuss is about.
Modern technology and scientific innovation helps us better understand the world around us. During the industrialization period in human history, the use of asbestos increased significantly. A few decades later, there was an increase in various diseases that inevitably raised red flags for scientists. Since that time, it has been discovered that this long-used mineral is actually the catalyst for a number of serious health problems.
It took some time to officially publish these findings, and it wasn’t until around 1987 that the use of asbestos in building materials ceased. Therefore, if your home was built before this time, there’s a good chance you have asbestos present.
The Various Health Hazards Faced
The many health hazards of asbestos are unknown to a large part of the general population, and that’s another reason why so many end up facing serious health issues later on in life. Years of exposure are known to cause these problems, and our staff makes it a goal to keep our customers aware of what they very well may be facing. Just a few of the common conditions that have been positively linked to asbestos exposure include:
- Asbestosis- this is a scarring of the lungs which makes breathing difficult
- Mesothelioma- a rare cancer occurring in the chest and around the abdominal cavity
- Lung cancer- smokers in the household have an increased risk
It can take years for these and other health issues to manifest, and, by then, it’s too late to take action. Our company wants to ensure you are proactive and take the initiative to correct any potential problems before that happens, and we employ the use of the latest tools in the industry to get your home in proper condition so you can live worry-free. On their website, the government of Canada offers more information on the various health issues and dangers you may be facing when exposed to this dangerous mineral.
Our Tried and Tested Asbestos Removal Process
We have been providing years of asbestos removal services to area residents. During that time, we have learned the most efficient protocol to follow when dealing with this all-too-common problem. Due to our efficiency, we can help you correct any problem areas at a price you can afford. When you work with a contractor from our company, you can expect the following process:
- To discover if you even have an asbestos problem, we start by performing thorough asbestos testing. This involves taking background air samples which are compared carefully to clearance samples.
- If abatement is deemed necessary, we will cordon off our work area to keep both your family and our contractors safe. During this time, we will set up all the necessary equipment to get the job done.
- To prevent free particles from spreading throughout the home, we seal off any openings that could facilitate such movement.
- Following visual inspections, our crew gets to work removing problem material.
- Once all is finished and any necessary repairs are made, our team will clean the area thoroughly and dispose of any waste containing asbestos following the guidelines made available by the City of Edmonton. You can review the proper disposal procedure here.
Our staff works with the latest tools available in asbestos abatement, and this allows us to complete these procedures quickly and efficiently. If at any time during the process you have questions or concerns, we encourage you to bring them up so you stay in the loop. This is your home, and we prioritize your knowledge regarding the problem so you know best how to keep yourself and your family safe.
Steps to Take If You Suspect You May Have Asbestos
There are hundreds of components that go into the construction of a home. If yours was built prior to 1987, there’s a high likelihood that it’s affected. While this likely plants a seed of fear in your mind, we encourage you to remain calm and follow these tips:
- Take a moment to review the paperwork you received when you first signed the closing documents for your home. Many homeowners put these away never to look at them again, so it may have been some time since you’ve revisited this information. Here, you can find out exactly how old your home is and whether or not any abatement efforts were made prior to the transfer of ownership.
- If you find evidence that suggests you may have an asbestos problem, it’s important to have it professionally tested. That’s where we can help. Using our advanced equipment, we can easily identify whether or not you have a problem. Best of all, with our free inspection, you don’t have to worry about spending an arm and a leg when there may not even be asbestos in the home.
- During the asbestos removal process, we’ll be tearing out old materials, and we don’t want anyone in the home to become exposed. While we carefully cordon off our work area, it’s not a bad idea for your safety and convenience to make arrangements for somewhere else to stay while we’re providing our services.
While the presence of asbestos can be scary, taking care of it now greatly reduces future health risks. The fact that you’re considering taking these proactive measures will best preserve the safety of you and your family, and our staff will employ the use of the latest tools and knowledge in the industry to clear you from future risks.
Making Your House a Home
You likely plan on spending many more years in the house you’re in, and our staff wants to make sure you’re able to feel truly at home. When you rely on our services, you get the peace-of-mind in knowing that we possess the credentials to ensure you that we know our stuff as we are certified with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. Furthermore, we are registered with both Homestars and the BBB, and we encourage you to research us to see just how well we have serviced previous customers. You can also take advantage of our:
- Free inspections
- Five year guarantee
- Senior discounts
The safety of you and your loved ones is our number one concern, and we put our all into making sure it’s preserved. Whether you know your home has asbestos present or you just want to find out, we are always available to take your call, so pick up the phone today.