You will make a number of important investments throughout the course of your life. Of all of them, however, one of the most significant will be made in your home. Unlike many other assets such as vehicles that depreciate over time, your home can actually increase in value throughout the course of your ownership, and this is a motivating factor for homeowners to keep theirs in tip-top condition.
However, there’s a common problem that, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, could impact as many as 70 percent of homeowners. Mold develops quickly, and, when left unchecked, it can pose a number of serious health risks to you and your family. It’s important to hire professional mold removal experts capable of getting to the root of the problem the first time around in order to most efficiently get your home back in proper working order.
Why Edmonton Remediation Pros?
You wouldn’t let just anybody work on your car. After all, this is an asset you rely on to get to and from work, school, and anywhere else you may need to go. Just the same, it’s important only to entrust the professionals with your mold remediation needs. We are locally owned and operated right here in Edmonton, and you can benefit from the fact that we have a vested interest in the community in which we serve.
We are dedicated to getting the job done right the first time, and that’s why we truly recognize and respect the importance of good communication with our clients during every step of the mold removal process. Just a few other benefits you can take advantage of when you work with us include:
- Senior discounts to keep costs low
- Registered with both Homestars and the BBB
- Credentials you can count on as we are certified with the the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration
What to Look For
One of the biggest reasons why such a high number of homeowners have mold without even realizing it is because it can be very elusive. In fact, you could have mold in areas such as behind the refrigerator right now and have no idea. Time is of essence as mold spreads quickly, and our staff believes it’s important that homeowners are aware of the warning signs that it’s time to acquire professional mold removal services. Just a few you should keep in mind include:
- Unusual musty smell
- Unusual feelings of fatigue or increase in coughing
- Moisture presence- this is typically experienced in areas such as the bathroom and basement
- The presence of black, green, blue, white, or yellow surfaces on any material in the home
- Fresh food in the home seems to spoil more quickly than usual
- A positive result on a dust spore test
Our knowledgeable technicians have access to the latest tools in the industry, and we go to work quickly to get your home back in proper working order. If you’ve noticed any of the above warning signs present in your home, it’s a good idea to have us determine the level of mold remediation necessary as quickly as possible. With our free inspection, you can achieve this without having to worry about breaking the bank.
A Word On Black Mold
Any mold infestation is one to be taken seriously, but it’s important to understand a few things about one particular type. Scientifically known as Stachybotrys Chartarum, black mold poses significant health risks to anyone living in the home. This is because certain species are known to produce mycotoxins. Our staff can help you determine if you’re dealing with this level of mold infestation as well as help you avoid suffering with some of the common side effects of its presence such as:
- Pulmonary hemosiderosis
- Immune system suppression
- Hair loss
- Sore throats, headaches, and other flu-like symptoms
Black mold can prove difficult to eradicate, and that is why our team of experts take this level of mold removal very seriously. There’s often an underlying cause that allowed the mold to develop in the first place, and we can help you get your home structurally prepared to reduce the chances of a reoccurrence long after our services have been rendered. We even offer a five year guarantee for your protection and satisfaction.
A Walk Through the Remediation Process
We like our customers to have an idea of what to expect when our team comes in to save the day. When we initially arrive on your property, we’ll begin by analyzing the situation and identifying if there’s mold and why. Water leaks and flooding issues are common instigators of mold infestations, and we can help you make any necessary repairs. Once the cause is addressed, we’ll move on to knocking out that disgusting mold through the following process:
- Our work area will be carefully cordoned off to protect you and your loved ones
- Mist the contaminated area to suppress dust
- Remove all wet and damaged materials and discard of according to guidelines established by the City of Edmonton
- Thorough cleaning of all surfaces in the affected area
- Complete testing to ensure the home is free and clear from any remaining mold
- Thorough drying using our state-of-the-art equipment
- Replacement of all materials that were damaged
We have worked with hundreds of clients facing similar circumstances, and we understand the situation is stressful. However, we are here to assure you that things can and do get better, and we make it one of our primary goals to walk you through the process every step of the way to give you the assurance you need.
Avoiding Future Occurrences
As much as we enjoy your business, it’s our sincere hope that you don’t have to become a repeat customer. We feel that an educated homeowner is a prepared homeowner, and that’s why we like to keep our customers informed of the seemingly small things they can do now to prevent big problems from infiltrating their homes and lives later on down the road. Just a few tips you should employ to minimize future mold risks include:
- Understand that humidity in the home is inevitable due to activities such as cooking and showering. Keep your level low by ensuring your home is properly ventilated.
- If you perform home renovations, consider the purchase of mold-resistant products such as:
- Regularly check your gutter to avoid buildup that can lead to roof leaks.
Your House, Your Home
Within the protective walls of your home reside all of your valuable possessions as well as the ones you love the most. While our staff is dedicated to ensuring the integrity of the structure of the house, we also understand that this is your home. This gives us the motivation to do everything in our power to completely eradicate your mold problem once and for all.
When you work with our staff of professional mold experts, you can expect expedience as well as the level of friendly service necessary not only to fix the problem, but also to educate you along the way regarding how to keep your home safe from future occurrences. We offer free inspections, so call today to schedule an appointment to protect your house, your home.