Call Us Immediately For Water Damage Restoration Services
As we go through the daily grind of our lives, it can sometimes become monotonous. However, surprises can catch us off guard when we least expect it, and they aren’t always the good kind. According to the Canadian Disaster Database, millions of dollars are spent every year due to flooding, and it can happen to anybody. Whether you have experienced recent damage to your home due to heavy rain or need house flood cleanup services following a faucet leak, there is one common factor. Finding a qualified mitigation specialist quickly is crucial.
The nature of water damage is critical to understand in that it expands quickly. A seemingly minor problem can quickly develop into a much bigger issue if it’s ignored or procrastinated. Our staff understands how important your home is to you. After all, of all the investments you’ve made in your life, this is very likely one of the most significant. That’s why we offer quality flood restoration services you can count on to get it as close to its original condition as possible.
The Many Reasons to Choose Edmonton Remediation Pros
Water damage is a serious issue, and, unless you possess both the proper tools and experience, it can be very difficult to get to the root of the issue and fix it correctly the first time. Unfortunately, when this occurs, you will likely incur even more damage and financial setbacks. When you work with a professional contractor with our company, you will have access to years of experience as well as the latest tools in the industry that we put to work getting you back on your feet. Other benefits we have to offer include:
- Round the clock service to ensure we’re available whenever a situation decides to present itself
- Senior discounts and free inspections to keep your costs minimal
- Five year guarantee to provide you the assurance you need
Best of all, we are locally owned and operated, and, when you do business with us, you’ll be more than just another customer. Unlike some water damage restoration companies that are primarily concerned with making money, we are concerned on a personal level with each of our clients and the community we serve. Our technicians are with you every step of the way to answer questions and address concerns.
Water Damaged Walls, Ceilings, and Flooring
Your home is a structure held together by many sub-structures that complete the product. Therefore, when water damage strikes, the walls, ceilings, and flooring are important components to keep in mind and assess early on in the process. That’s why we quickly get to work employing a proven method to ensure we get to the bottom of every potential problem area, even if you can’t detect it visually.
- Find the source of the problem- The first thing your flood damage restoration specialist will do is find the source of the flooding issue. While this is sometimes obvious in the form of a leak, problems which only manifest as staining or dripping can be more difficult to pinpoint.
- Remove water damaged drywall- This process can get messy, so our technicians make sure to protect your flooring for the inevitable debris that will result. We will test the drywall and remove any that is too heavily damaged to be restored. When finished, we thoroughly clean the area.
- Repairs- This part of the process can range significantly in difficulty depending on the extent of the water damage to walls, ceilings and floors. You can rest assured that our staff has the necessary experience to complete the job thoroughly and arrive at a finished product you can be proud of.
- Prime and paint- When all repairs are made, we will complete the job by painting and priming. This part of the process can be an exciting one for you and your family as you decide on new color palettes. In fact, many customers are actually more pleased with the overall aesthetic appeal following our flood cleanup services than before the problem ever started!
- Cleanup- We pride ourselves in doing a complete and quality job from start to finish. When we finish our ceiling damage water repair services, we will clean up everything to your satisfaction.
The overall goal of both our business and you is to eliminate hardwood floor water damage and prevent it from happening again, and you can count on the fact that we are IICRC Certified and registered with both the BBB and Homestars, credentials you can certainly count on.
Garage Flood Cleanup
While many don’t think of their garage as part of their home, the fact remains that they, too, can become victim to a flooding situation. When this occurs, you run the risk of losing valuable stored items as well as sustaining damage to your vehicles. Our staff is also here to offer garage flood cleanup services. Just as we do with any other mitigation service, there is a common protocol we intricately follow to ensure we cover all our bases:
- Identify whether we are dealing with fresh or contaminated water. This helps us more easily pinpoint if we’re dealing with a water supply line or sewage, rainwater or stagnate fresh water. It’s important to note that contaminated water can pose serious health risks to you and your family. We have the proper safety equipment to deal with the problem.
- Once identified, we will then stop the source of the flooding.
- Next, we remove all items that could become further damaged and contaminated.
- Once these preliminary steps are complete, we quickly get to work providing the necessary water damage repair services.
Issues From Water Damage
Many of our clients requesting water damage cleaning services are concerned primarily with the outside appearance of the home and overall structural stability. While these concerns are certainly valid, there are a number of others that are all-too-often overlooked. For instance, failing to perform timely flood damage drywall repair could put pets and small children at risk in the event the drywall were to collapse. Other hidden dangers you should be aware of include:
- Development of harmful spores, mold, and fungus that can cause health problems for you and the ones you love. Just some of the symptoms that are commonly developed include:
- Sensitivity to light
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Unusual tingling and numbness
- Shortness of breath
- Increased symptoms in those already struggling with asthma
- Appliance damage
- Hidden structural damage
Steps to Take If You Suspect You Need Water Damage Restoration
If you suspect you may need residential water damage restoration services, it’s best to act now. The best first step of action is to call a professional company such as ours. This gives us a quicker chance to perform a complete flood damage assessment and keep your costs as low as possible. Furthermore, we can either confirm or deny your suspicions. Best of all, since we offer a free initial inspection, there’s nothing to lose!
While we pride ourselves in our ability to respond within 45 minutes for emergency flood repair within city limits, there are some things you can do while you wait for us to arrive:
- Clean up the area if you can safely do so to make room for our equipment.
- If you own a sump pump, you can begin the flood water extraction process for large areas of standing water to speed up the process.
- If flooding is the result of the plumbing system, turn off the water main.
- For safety purposes, turn off the electric breaker box.
An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure
We’ve all heard the term “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” When it comes to water damage, this could not be more true. While we appreciate the business of each and every one of our clients, whether it’s residential or commercial, it’s our goal that they don’t become repeat customers. That’s why we like to share helpful tips to help you prevent problems from recurring in the future. Just a few of these include:
- Maintaining a good drainage system that navigates the water away from your home
- Regularly checking eavestroughs and gutters
- Checking the home’s foundation for visible cracks
- Lot grading
- Investing in a sump pump for quick extraction if a problem should arise
On their website, the City of Edmonton offers a number of additional helpful tips and resources to take advantage of to best keep you and your home protected.
Getting You Through a Rough Time
We all face tough times in life, and the way we work through them determines how strong we’ll become once we’re able to overcome them. If you’re facing water damage, we understand the enormous amount of stress that results. We’re here to offer the support you need. Our staff has the experience you can count on, and no job is too big or small for us to take on. Don’t procrastinate this important job a minute longer as this will only increase damage and costs in the long run. Call today to request your free inspection.